Re: CF: tar problems with Linux 6.1?

On Sat, 27 May 2000, Sean McInerney wrote:

> I just installed Red Hat Linux 6.1 today and am setting up the crossfire
> files.  I maged to ung-zip it with gunzip -d (file).gz
> This created the .tar files, now I am trying to untar them using tar -x
> (file).tar but it just seems to hang on me.  Does anyone know what I might
> be doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

use -f option to specify that you want to use a disk file.The
default source is the tape device,which in your case will be null.
$ tar -xf file.tar

Anthony's Law of Force : Don't Force it, Get a bigger Hammer.
Pallav Nawani        |    Visit me at                              |
F-46,                |  http://www.angelfire.com/co/pallav         |
PIN 560012           |                                             |
Phone : 3092625      |                                             |