Re: CF: Bugs listed in crosserver logs

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 05:54:30AM -0700, John Cater wrote:
> I just noticed that we are getting some HUGE files in our crosservlog directory
> when running crossloop.

Thanks for the logs.

> What does this all mean? How can we make it go away?

Upgrade to latest server and archetypes.

> BUG: SK_level(arch generate_beholder, name generator): level <= 0

Most (or even all) generator types didn't have a level, but they must
be at least level 1 because they are alive, i.e. they can be attacked.

This has been fixed in the latest archetypes.

> BUG: SK_level(arch lightningwall_5, name lightningwall): level <= 0

Lightningwalls and other spell casting walls are spellcasters and
therefore need a level.  But most of them didn't have a level.

This has been fixed in the latest archetypes.

> Change object (Nurlin, the dwarven priest) without other_arch error.
> Change object (Kasnuk, the high priest) without other_arch error.

Nasty bug in some of the Lake Country maps.  I have no idea what the
FLAG_CHANGING is supposed to do there.  But it's broken and it
generates huge amounts of log messages if these maps are active.

AFAIK, there is no fix available.  I think simply removing the
"changing 1" line from Nurlin and Kasnuk (and all other objects which
generate these messages) should be enough.

BTW, it seems there are also some archetypes with "changing 1" but
without other_arch.

> Tried to move_cone object flower without a map.

Fixed in the latest server code.

> Trying to swap out /santo_dominion/town before its time.

Don't know about this.

--
Jan