Crossfire Archive

CF: Re: On bizarre contortions of crossfire to fix "abuses"

[Rupert G. Goldie]

>    What about restricting items to adding bonuses to no more than
>    two stats ?

That's a bit too limited, I think.  How about maximum three pluses,
but one extra plus (a stat plus or protection) for every two minuses
(a stat minus or vulnerability).

So you can have a

  Taifu +6 (str +2)
or
  Taifu +6 (str +2) (con +1) (dex +1) (wis -2) (vuln: fire) (vuln: lightning)

I think +6 or thereabouts should be powerful enough.  +4 used to be
the maximum.

Kjetil T.
-