TCLUG Announcements

August Meeting - Saturday August 7th, noon until 2pm

Twin Cities Linux Users Group Meeting

When: Saturday August 7th from noon until 2pm

Where: The University of Minnesota. It will be in EE/CSci 3-115, which
is the
computer science building across from the Washington Ave parking ramp.

Topic: Introduction to IP Masquerading and ipchains.
IP Masquerading (also known as Network Address Translation, or NAT) is a
way to allow multiple computers to share one internet address. This is
great for home use when you have multiple machines that all need access
to the internet. I will cover ipchains (2.2 kernel) and how to create a
local network. I will also talk about security and resources you can
share by networking multiple computers.

For more information check out the web site. http://www.mn-linux.org

--
Clay Fandre