TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:12] Java getopt classes?

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 07:28:19AM -0600, Perry Hoekstra wrote:
> Bob Tanner wrote:
>>
>> I am looking for tha getopt-like class(es) for Java. I really miss
>> this niffty little library when I migrated from C/C++ to Java.
>>
>> I'd really like to find something like getopt_long(3) functionality.
>>

> Not that I can help you, but can you explain what a getopt_long(3) does?

	And, in reference to another's reply...

	getopt_long really is much more easily explained if you read the
manual.  The general idea is to make processing command line arguments
much easier.  And, if everybody uses the same library, it'll make them
more consistent too.

	getopt_long is related to getopt.  The basic difference is that
it makes processing of GNU long options (like --verbose) easier.

man 3 getopt_long  is your friend.  :-)

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature