TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:93] Ptah

Eric,  I successully ignored your mention of Illmarinen the first time.

At 11:00 PM 2/16/00 -0600, you wrote:
>	Illmarinen was considered because in the Finnish epic
>'Kalevala', he occupied a similar, though much less important role.  He
>was known as 'the smith', and made many interesting things.  Illmarinen
>is somewhat less pretentious and a little more obscure, but much harder
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      well not to me or you ..... (or Linus T., while we're at it... :-)

>but much harder to type.  :-)
>
>	Anyway, I have some strong ideas .....
(Oh bother!...)

   "It is my desire,    it is my wish
    to set out to sing,    to begin to recite,
    to let a song of our clan glide on,    to sing a family lay.
    The words are melting in my mouth,    utterances dropping out,
    coming to my tongue,    being scattered about on my teeth.

   "Mieleni minun tekevi,
    Aivoni ajattelevi
    L\:ahte\:ani laulamahan,
    Saa'ani sanelemahan,
    Sukuvirtt\:a suoltamahan,
    Lajivirtt\:a laulamahan.
    Sanat suussani sulavat,
    Puhe'et putoelevat,
    Kielelleni kerki\:av\:at,
    Hampahilleni hajoovat.

    "Veli kulta,...

    "Dearest friend ..."

               .... Tell us more! :-)

gs

George Swan
Collection Development Support Unit	VOICE:	(612) 624-5860
Room 170B, Wilson Library			FAX:	(612) 626-9353
University of Minnesota Libraries		g-swan@tc.umn.edu
309 19th Avenue South			cdm-web@tc.umn.edu
Minneapolis, MN 55455			colldev@tc.umn.edu
USA						http://www.lib.umn.edu/cdm/