TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:93] Ptah

On Feb 16, 2000, "Eric M. Hopper" <hopper@omnifarious.mn.org> wrote:

> 	Ptah is a new project I'm starting for the software carpentry
> site.  I'm attempting to write a replacement for make.  My recent
> experience trying to write a vaguely reasonable Makefile for the
> StreamModule project was frustrating and instructive.  I think I can do
> a better job than most of the alternatives out there.

Just curious, but what are your thoughts about automake?  I've heard
that automake does have some limitations, but I haven't experienced them
firsthand.  Did you run into a wall with automake too?  It can be a
little cryptic at first, but IMHO is a very powerful, simplifying tool.

John

--
dusk@ravendusk.org                            http://www.gnome.org
jsheets@codeweavers.com                  http://www.worldforge.org