TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:162] Java Development software

Quoting George Swan (g-swan@maroon.tc.umn.edu):
> >Okay, I will be the first one to post.  I have not tried NetBeans only
>
> Thanks.  That gives me enough of an idea so as not to get hooked yet,
> and an idea of what criteria to consider when I start shopping.

I come from a Unix development environment and I use emacs, jde and ant for
building java projects.

I do miss a debugger, but I usually drop the code into Visual Age and work it
there.

I like emacs/jde because I can track on the latest jdk and not have to wait
for the IDE to support it.

Until recently, there was no IDE for linux, so I HAD to use emacs/jde for
development. I just cannot send working in Windows.

I wish a good command line debugger (like gdb) would support Java. I would be
very happy camper.
--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700