RE: [TCLUG:5163] dead equipment

Well, not officially.  Do what I did a couple years ago - find a friend out
in the country who knows the location of an old abandoned farm house, load
up the car with a half-dozen dead IBM monochrome monitors and a couple
shotguns, and use your discretion.  Yes, I really did this.  No, it wasn't
legal.

Or there's always the safe approach: pay the $7 disposal fee.