when kill -15 fails

I deleted some modules that I didn't want before unloading them. Opps.
Then my root bash died when doing an ls in a proc directory that the
module controlled. Now I can't kill my ls or bash process with kill -9 PID
or kill -15 -- how can I kill these processes? I can't unload the modules
because they are in use, I think because of these processes that I can't
kill.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate
plants.      --  A. Whitney Brown