find, perms, updatedb, modules problems

For some reason, I think the find command is acting wierd. This may or may
not be related to my changing perms on some files -- but I think I changed
them back based on 'ls -l |grep ws' in /usr/bin /usr/sbin /bin and /sbin
on a new rh5.2 install. Anyway here's the program

depmod -a creates an empty modules.dep file which causes no modules to be
loadable via modprobe. I'm still having the updated.cron problem and I
believe they are related (what causes "sync: ignoring all arguments") I
re rpm'd fileutils and modutils, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

Childhood is short and maturity is forever.  -- Calvin