Re: [TCLUG:5239] I'm scared...

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Michael Hicks wrote:

> > ll_rw_block: device 03:03: only 1024-char blocks implemented (4096)
> > ll_rw_block: device 03:03: only 1024-char blocks implemented (4096)
> > ll_rw_block: device 03:03: only 1024-char blocks implemented (4096)
>
> The best I can think of is that your HD somehow has 4 kilobyte blocks
> where it expects 1 kilobyte blocks.  My best recommendation would be to
> just run fsck, but you may want to re-do that partition.  Back it up
> somehow, reformat it, and then replace the data..

Took a look at the source and it seems that its /device dependant/.

"This function can be used to request a number of buffers from a block
device."

It sounds like the ext2 fs on there is a 4k block format
Your device wants to stick to 1k blocks.  Oh well.

It looks to be that it checks for the devices block-size by major/minor
and the compares it to the actual size.  Your device wants 1k. so it goes
what the heck and refuses to work.  In which case it hops over to a "goto
sorry", which seems to free up that device for more work.

Since the signal-noise ratio in many irc channels is as bad as usenet I
can't give you a better answer. (hrm.)  I would put the information back
on the drive (from wence it came) and make a new filesystem on the new
drive and move the files over.

Scott Dier 		<dieman@ringworld.org>
Ringworld.Associates	efnet(#nicnac,#@,#minnesota)
612.494.6664		<page-dieman@ringworld.org>
in:linux,debian,mozilla/ngl,lanparties,highspeedbandwidth
out:modems,microsoft,ie,sleep(oops),fakeopensource
cool:gnome,postfix,imp,irssi,[gnome-]apt,procmail(!)