Re: [TCLUG:5248] What a day...

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Nate Carlson wrote:

> I could have told you that!
>
> (A temp solution would be boot off a boot disk and chmod -R 755 *, then go
> through and fix the individual permissions later)

Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but it's slow going...linuxconf comes with a
tool called fixperm, but it doesn't fix very much as far as I can tell ;)

Let's just say I  learned my lesson about "being in the directory you
thought you were" <g>. I guess that's the great thing about UNIX/Linux
though...you can do stuff this incredibly stupid, only because the OS
assumes you *do* know what you're doing...

Luke