RE: Re: [TCLUG:5248] What a day...

booting off the disk would get you access to the files on the hd, then chmod 755
would make the specified file root executable. the * means all files.....8^)
i can't give more info that that, sorry, i'm at a winblows box right now...rtm..
-----------------
Original Text from ""<tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com>

>I'm too new at this to know any better...what does that command do?
>
>Pooky.
>

>>I could have told you that!
>>
>>(A temp solution would be boot off a boot disk and chmod -R 755 *, then go
>>through and fix the individual permissions later)
>>
>>----
>>Nate Carlson
>>the infinite loop
>>natecars@infiniteloop.com
>>
>>On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Luke Francl wrote:
>>
>>> *Jeez* I've had a hell of a day with my computer...Just a tip -- *don't*
>>> type chmod -R 644 * in your root directory. Not recommended :(
>>>
>>> Luke

Chad Farley
http://www.angelfire.com/ak/cwfarley
SMILE--IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER AND MAKES OTHERS WONDER WHAT YOU'RE THINKING….