Re: [TCLUG:5307] new gnome

It depends on the original developer whether or not they included hooks to
gnome applications into the code for the program.  An example is asclock,
the AfterStep clock applet.  It will work in gnome only because there is a
gnome-aware asclock available.  These programs will work under the gnome
environment, it's just that they may call window manager features that
gnome doesn't recognize.

Peter Lukas