Re: [TCLUG:5315] compiled wmaker, but image problems

Well I kept getting compile errors like:

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2  -o wdwrite  wdwrite.o -L
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lPropList
libtool: link: `-L' cannot specify a relative directory
make[1]: *** [wdwrite] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lueyb/install/WindowMaker-0.52.0/util'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Although I have no idea what this means, I found out that the extra -L was
causing the problem and so I found it in the Makefile and changed:

LIBLIST = libwraster.la -L  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -ltiff  -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lu
LIBLIST = libwraster.la  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -ltiff  -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lu

I did similar things to the Makefiles in every directory and now it
compiled. What does -L do and why why windowmaker calling it twice?

Now windowmaker works with all the icons and stuff except that a few xpm's
are corrupt (my mathimatica icons and others) -- for a little but I was
using libpng-1.0.2 which programs said corrupted stuff. But other than
that is it working.