Re: [TCLUG:5446] Computer Show & Sale @ State Fairgrounds

Are most prices negotiable at the State Fair Computer Show?

> Not really, if you're going to go to anywhere to buy computer stuff, make
> sure you pay a visit to www.pricewatch.com to see what the current going
> rate for the hardware you're interested in is.

I beg to differ on this one (not the checking out pricewatch part, but the
negotiable part.)
I've never been to one of these huckster sales where prices _weren't_
negotiable, including
down on a PIII chip to less than what Jim's Garage wholesaler sells it for,
though, and the quality isn't what I'd term exceptional.
One can usually find interesting, out-of-date hardware for a good price (I
almost bought an HP 486 netserver a year ago),
or deprecated software that still runs big bucks if that's what you're
looking for (like OS/2 products, Novell packages, and
DOS custom software) but overall, it's pretty gimmicky.

Jer