Re: [TCLUG:5481] Netscape @ 24bpp/XF86_SVGA?

Yaron wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Christopher McKinley wrote:
>
> > The Matrox X servers work best in 32bpp.
>
> Well, the most I can get @32bpp is 1024x768 (at least that's what
> xf86config says, Xconfigurator _dies_). I need higher res, and I can get
> 1280x1024@24bpp.

I am fairly certain that the card should be able to run at
1280x1024@32bpp, but since I am not using AGP (soon, my precious, soon),
I haven't tried it out.  Which version of X are you using (3.3.1.x,
3.3.2.x, 3.3.3.x).  If you use Windows, what is the max you are able to
get there?  Have you checked out matrox's site (it sucks, actually), or
better yet, http://www.xfree86.org has some information on the Matox
cards, including some configuration tips.  Hint: check in their
documentation section.  Of course, if you give me you system, I can
tweak it for you ;).

-Chris