Re: [TCLUG:5497] control line output volume

> They really need a better way of naming these packages. I've
> used 'xmix' which is a really fugly Xlib program, but it worked
> pretty well (not like a mixer really needs to do too much). It
> gave me about eight little sliders for things (IIRC) for my
> p.o.s. 8-bit SB clone. I think they were line out,
> speaker/headphone out, mic, cd vol, master vol, dsp vol. I'd
> nab a screenshot if the card worked so I could access the sound
> device ;)

They seem to be all doing the same thing (xmixer, wmmixer, xmix, etc) and
they claim to contorl volume for Speaker, and line separately. Except when
I have the volume for 'speaker' and 'line' turned to off, I'm getting
volume at full power -- only CD/Pcm (depending on CD or mp3) and volume
control the actually volume. How can I get the speaker and line stuff so
affect the to different outputs?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

So the GOP thinks the American public has a short-term memory. Well, I have
one word for them -- potatoe.
        -- Karen Baird, Letters to Editor, San Francisco Chronicle 12/17/98