Re: [TCLUG:5528] security

Well, first of all, why do you need all of those services? I'd disable
gopher, finger, linuxconf, nfs, pop-2, sunrpc, imap (unless you use it),
login, and shell, personally.

Adding that line to hosts.deny does not actually deny connections; it just
does not allow the user to use it (sends a 'Service not available'
message.). To _really_ deny stuff, you need to add firewalling rules for
that port.

----
Nate Carlson
the infinite loop