RE: [TCLUG:5493] Hard Drive Addition [corrections]

> >utility to delete the partitions and extend some other partition into
> the
> >unused space.
>
> Er, I forgot that your stuff is already all on one big partition --
> this
> changes a few things --
>
> - You'll have to *add* lines to /etc/fstab.  They'll look something
> like:
>
> /dev/hda1               /home                   ext2    defaults
> 1 2
> /dev/hda2               /usr                    ext2    defaults
> 1 2
>
> (Leave this all as-is, except use the relevant partitions in place of
> /dev/hda1 and /dev/hda2)

I mkfs'd my hdb1 and mounted it under /mnt/HDB.  I then used midnight
commander to copy the /usr & /home directories to /mnt/HDB.  When I
look at /mnt/HDB  I now see /home, /usr, & /lost+found.  I also check my
/etc/fstab file and found:

/dev/hda1     /               ext2    defaults        1 1
/dev/hdb1	  /mnt/HDB		ext2	  defaults
1 1
/dev/hda5     swap            swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/fd0      /mnt/floppy     ext2    noauto          0 0
/dev/cdrom    /mnt/cdrom      iso9660 noauto,ro       0 0
none          /proc           proc    defaults        0 0

How do I edit this to read /home & /usr on hdb1 instead of being
recognized under
hda1. Is the above suggestion correct?

Thanks Again.

Brian