running commands remotely

Howdy,

I'd like to telnet in to my server from home, start some process, and log
out and have the process continue to run on its own. How can I do it?
Specifically, trying to get a copy of RedHat 6.0 today has reminded me how
nice it would be to have my server do that in the middle of the night
while I'm snoozing. I don't want to be logged in to school all night.
Ideas?

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your