Re: [TCLUG:5641] IRC

Well.. you want to setup ircd.. first thing you need to do is obtain a
copy of an IRCD source tree.. such as EFNet Hybrid or Undernet, or
Dalnet.. or some other code.. compile it, and configure it.. and run it..
I suggest finding a small IRC network looking to gain new servers.. and
talk to them about becoming a leaf server, and having someone help you..
IRCD is not impossible, but can be tricky if you don't know what you are
doing.. (and the docs tend to be sparse)

there are all kinds of ICQ clients for linux.. search http://freshmeat.net

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)