RE: [TCLUG:7317] Lin-Modem?!

> http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-1999-08/lw-08-linmodem.html
>

> All I have to say about this is: yikes!

Is this a hoax?  Or are these people idiots?

Quote:
"PC-TEL engineers don't disagree with Ockman's assessment that hardware
modems aren't likely to disappear anytime soon. "I think that [in the
future], a hardware modem will be a high-end, luxury item," said William
Hsu, software manager for PC-TEL."

.. Baloney...  In the future a hardware modem, or a software one, will be
like a keypunch or 5.25" disk.    It's not like these things are getting any
more expensive to make, or like the broadband market is shrinking...