Re: [TCLUG:7339] Libraries Question

On  4 Aug, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:
> Can someone help me with an uneducated question about libraries?
>
> I understand dynamic link libraries in concept.  I know where they live
> on my Linux system.  I can find a *few* on the net.  But, I need
> libXm.so.1, and don't know where it comes from.  I seem to recall a
> README that said that it was a commercial piece of software.  Any
> specific tips on libXm and general tips on obtaining libs?

libXm is part of Motif, the only way you'd know that is by experience.
The only way I know it is because I have programed in Motif.  You can
get Motif for Linux from Redhat.  You can also get LessTif for free,
it's a freeware implementation of Motif.  Most things work under it,
but not all.
--
Jon Schewe
schewe@tcfreenet.org