Re: [TCLUG:7431] Linux-friendly graphics card??

I've had good luck with S3 and Trident cards. They are cheap and if you
can find a one with 4MB of RAM on it you can do what you desire (1 and 2
MB cards are not so good colorwise). I've had especially good luck with
S3 Virge cards, but I've also heard some bad things about them too (and
there are a few different versions (DX,GX,?X,...)). I am pretty sure DX
is a safer bet, but I would check the XFree86 homepage before I would
buy.

Troy