CD problem

Hello all,

I have RH 6.0 installation whereby I am trying to mount the CD through
the following command: mount /dev/cdrom -t iso9660 /mnt/cdrom and I
receive a: /dev/cdrom not valid block device error.  The BIOS recognizes
it on startup as a 40X/AKU and the NT OS (dual boot machine) can also
see it. Any idea on what may be the problem?

--

Perry Hoekstra - dutchman@mn.uswest.net
Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures......

Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to
frown BUT it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack the
asshole upside the head.