Semi-off-topic: Speaker noise

  Hi,

Well, I figured since I got sound card recomendatinos, I might as well put
this out here too...

Ok, I got a Creative Ensoniq PCI card, and it's ok, except that it
required amplified speakers.

No prob. I go to CompUSA and get $19.99 speakers. Plug 'em in, and they
buzz like crazy and pick up 100.3FM, in any outlet in the appartment, even
unplugged from the computer. So I return them.

Then I borrow a bunch of $89.99 flat-panel+sub-woofer speakers from a
friend, and same thing. whenever they're plugged into a socket in my
appartment building, speakers buzz and pick up 100.3!!!

Now, I am somewhat near some broadcast antennae (I'm in Shoreview), but
does anyone know if I can DO something about this? I want to play Quake
_without_ hearing American Pie in the background! (See? It's Linux
related...)

-Yaron