RE: [TCLUG:7518] Good computer Parts store (blatantly and unabashedly off topic)

I've had relatively good luck at Que, which is right near the U on East
Hennepin--they have a few people who know pretty much what they're doing,
and they have a good selection of older parts.  Computer Renaissance is hit
or miss--I got a SCSI CDROM there Tuesday, but some of their prices are
ridiculous.  The price the item when it comes in, and no one has enough
knowledge there to mark it down when it should be.  If they happen to have a
competent person working there (turnover, I imagine, is high) then they do
OK.

Blue Star (up on Central Avenue and 45th or something like that, in Columbia
Heights) used to be decent, and had a great selection of old software.
They're under different ownership since I went shopping there, and I've
heard that their prices are service are not that impressive.  They're worth
a call, though.

That said, mail order is still the best choice, I think, for new components
that cost more than they cost to ship.

Jer