Re: [TCLUG:7524] 2nd CDROM

Thanks guys -- that was exactly it; /dev/scd0 was the winner.

I think I've got the hang of it, but I wouldn't have named the logical
devices the way they are in the /dev directory.  My SCSI knowledge all
comes from a special purpose system where all you had was the physical
SCSI address and the logical drive name (/mnt/cd2) with no intermediate
address (/dev/x).  It still seems a little odd to me to have /dev/st0
and /dev/scd0 on the same SCSI buss.  I didn't have to put funny little
masking tape labels on the drives.  Ah, progress!

Jon, if you do find one of those packages that keeps the address the
same based on ID #, let me know how it works for you.  I won't worry
about it myself, since I'm probably about done in SCSI land on this
system.

Phil Mendelsohn