From: Tim Wilson [mailto:wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 1999 3:39 PM
To: Tclug-List (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:7553] XF86 issues.

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Schoenhofen, Kelly wrote:

> The hard part is that I don't know what video card is in the machine -
it's
> either a Cirrus Logic chip or an S3 GX/Virge, this model has the
possibility
> of either onboard, according to Compaq.

Try running /usr/X11R6/bin/SuperProbe

That will tell you which chipset you're using. SuperProbe may be in a
different place on your system. Do 'locate SuperProbe' to find out
where. Good luck.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/