Re: [TCLUG:7624] which app for sound recording

On 18 Aug, Luke Francl wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 schewe@tcfreenet.org wrote:
>
>> Actually it should be 44100Hz not 8000Hz.  Anyway, the encoders that
>> I'm using l3enc and 8hz-mp3 won't do anything but that.
>
> If your concern is Free Software, bladeenc
> (http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-82625/encoder/license.html) is
> LGPL'd now, so it's Free...

8hz-mp3 is also free, besides, I don't think BladeEnc can handle the
other sample rates either.  I've got it sitting on my drive, but I've
had better luck with 8hz-mp3.  The does for BladeEnc say it's not any
better unless you're encoding at 256Kbps.
--
Jon Schewe
schewe@tcfreenet.org