Re: [TCLUG:8016] case sensitive cdrom

"Scot W. Jenkins" wrote:
> I have a cdrom that's "designed for win95"--the file names show as
> lowercase when mounted under a UNIX machine because UNIX is case
> sensitive.  The problem is the cd contains HTML docs with href's that
> point at UPPERCASE filenames.  I've been over the mount man page but
> didn't find a option to mount as UPPERCASE only.  Anyone know any
> quick & dirty tricks?
> -scot

If you use Samba you might be able to export the cd as a SMB share and
mount
it using smbmount in another location. This may or may not help, and it
is a little
crazy, but if you already use Samba it might be tried quickly to see if
it helps.

Sorry I could come up with a better plan, but good luck,

Troy