Re: [TCLUG:10687] Re: Corel Linux

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> I've downloaded and installed Corel Linux 1.0 on a machine here at school.
> The install seemed a little buggy, but I got it to work OK. It's a pretty
> light distro. Not much in the way of development tools. The freely
> downloadable version is only 311 MB so they're obviously leaving out a lot
> of goodies hoping you'll pony up the cash for one of the official ones.

Not really.  The reason that it doesn't have a lot of the development
tools and stuff is because it isn't really designed for developers.  It's
designed for "illiterate" end-users and therefore only contains the
packages that would be used by the intended end-market.

A developer would get a "real" distro like Debian or Slackware :)

> Assuming the install doesn't crap out, it's remarkably easy. Something
> like four clicks will get a complete install assuming you don't mind
> wiping out your existing HD. That part is quite impressive.

But no one answered my question yet.  Does the install have an option to
install from nfs?

-Brent