Re: [TCLUG:10729] glx & quake3 & g200

  Hi,

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> Have they improved the TNT stuff? I tries the binaries off nvidia's site
> a while back, and it was horridly slow. Hasn't been updated since then
> last I checked. Should I nab the latest source? :)

Well, I just installed the RPMs. xlockmore runs really well. Quake runs
okish...

I did have a lot of problems compiling xlockmore to _use_ GL rather than
Mesa with RH61 - turns out configure was looking in the wrong place.

I'm on an AMD K6-2/450. X has to be running at 16bpp. If you have a
non-crappy machine,xlockmore should be smooooooooooth.

-Yaron