Re: PGP/MIME problems (Was [TCLUG:10692] StarOffice)

I have seen these problems with PGP/Mime come up before in another
forum.  Specifically on the PGP-Users list.  The list owner was using Mutt
and all his messages came accross as attachments.  I am trying to find the
archives for that list (hosted by pgp.rivertown.net) but I haven't found
them yet.  If I remember correctly, Mutt impliments the PGP/Mime format a
little different than everyone else, and as such, most non-Mutt mail
readers see the body as an attachment, rather than as a quoted/printable
type message.  When I find the discussion I'll send it to the list.

Dave

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 09:43:36PM -0600, schewe@tcfreenet.org wrote:
 > On  1 Dec, Eric M. Hopper wrote:
 > > On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 05:49:27PM -0600, Barry T. White wrote:
 > >> Eric,
 > >>
 > >> Just curious, why do you send all your e-mail as attachments.  It
 > >> makes it a pain to read.
 > >
 > > 	Because I GPG sign them all.  They're all sent as pgp/mime.  A
 > > good mailer shouldn't have any problems with reading them.
 > >
 > I consider Pine to be a good mailer and it treats your messages as 3
 > parts, I have to go into it and read the first part, the message and
 > then possible read the thrid part, your signature.  Perhaps putting
 > your GPG signature at the bottom of messages would help some too.

	Looks like its time for me to parse MIME.  I'll do it with this
message when it comes back and explain what's going on.  Which version
of pine are you using?

Have fun (if at all possible),