Re: [TCLUG:10827] Why choose Linux or NT

On  3 Dec, Christopher Reid Palmer wrote:

> That's a night-and-day difference, and I suspect that's what Jon was
> getting at.

Yes that's it.  I'm a research scientist and I need as much power as I
can when developing new software.  I'm coding primarily in Java right
now, but have to use NT for other reasons.  When I get down to
multitasking, which happens constantly in my workplace, and really
trying to devlop with an already slow language I really see where NT
lacks and Linux is good.  Unfortunatly Linux doesn't have a fully
working Java2 VM, so I can't even take my work home to my linux box
yet.  That may be a good thing though.

--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe