Re: [TCLUG:10864] IP Masquerading

yes, you can with ipchains forward a single port connetion, or an entire
IP through the masq to the 'inside' network... HOWEVER, this is really bad
firewall policy.  the linux firewall at my company only allows outgoing
connections, so that if a service were to have a discovered exploit,
someone would not be able to get access to a box on the 'inside' of my
network.

for our internet services, email, web, etc.  I have a single system
outside the network that contains all the sendmail/apache config.  and all
users get their email via outgoing connections through the
firewall..  that way there is no way to compomise the internal network
without breaking into the fireall. (and since the firewall drops all
connections 0-1024, that's kinda hard :)

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)