Re: [TCLUG:10890] key behavior

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 08:43:15AM -0600, Phil Plumbo wrote:
> How can I change the behaviors of the DEL and backspace keys?
>
> Is there a global map?

	Your question is very vague.  I know of know global maps, but I
would assume that if you hacked the kernel keyboard driver, you could
make whatever key map to whatever code you wanted.

	As for X, yes, there's a global map.  Individual applications
also often have maps of their own.

	There's also the stty settings.

	In short, the answer is fairly context sensitive.  Perhaps it
shouldn't be.  Maybe you can fix that?  :-) I will say that the
existence of both stty settings and X settings pretty much has to be
there.  But, I may be wrong.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature