Re: [TCLUG:10874] scsi confusion

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Steve Paltzer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Newer SCSI cards, like the U2W, support up to 15 devices. Because he
> has other devices hooked up correctly I am assuming it is not an ID
> problem, but it could be. I though the SCSI card was assigned an ID of
> 7, so you might want the drive to have an ID lower than the Card. Have
> you tried the barracuda on the SCSI chain by itself?

Drive doesn't need an ID lower than the SCSI card; it doesn't matter. If
the drive is fried, it may be putting out the wrong type of termination
power or something wacky like that and not allowing the bus to see the
rest of the devices.

--
Nate Carlson <carlson@real-time.com>    | Phone : (612)943-8700