Re: [TCLUG:10969] GNOME configuration questions/musings

A Microsoft like suggestion.  :-)  Personally, I would keep digging
through config files - because that is the only way a true understanding
of what is going on will be reached.  I use Slackware - and configuration
there is very straight forward.  It is very easy to create a very base
system and then compile everything yourself - thus offering complete
control.  I have done this with gnome (under /usr/gnome) and it works
wonderfully with Enlightenment.  I would like to know why the original
author is not using debian if that is what he likes?

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com