Re: [TCLUG:11063] copyrigh/unreadable cd blocks

On Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 08:58:54PM -0600, Scott Dier - dieman wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Jared Sprague wrote:
>
> > One, does anyone know of ways to successfully burn
> > copyright protected cd's using Linux?
>
> The copyright track protection flag is useless.  Its just an info thing.
>
> If you are tallking about "unreadable data" copyprotection, it worries
> me that you feel the need to copy the cd.  The gaming industry is
> driven by sales.  Game development is an art, not just another office
> app.  Even q3a has protection in the form of a cd key and session mgmt
> system.

	Hear here.  I tend to be careful about pirating, but I'm most
especially careful when it comes to games.  I will sometimes accept a
copy, but if I honestly like it, I will ALWAYS buy it.

	The gaming industry is a real struggle for the people in it.
It's really hard for computer game companies to make a buck.

	And Linux games...  I tend to buy more than one copy, just to
try to encourage porting.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature