Re: [TCLUG:11176] Sendmail Woes

> While using Sendmail, Any valid email address with aol.com as a
> domain name, for instance some1@aol.com, fails?  So anything to
> some1 @ aol.com gets bounced back as a invalid user..... or what
> ever?  Anyone knwo how to fix this?  Mail to every domain except aol
> works just fine!

Like someone already suggested, send the bounce messages so we can see
them. It would help see whats going on.

> Another woe?  My Server refuses to accept incomming mail for local
> users, so if someone sends me mail, it bounjces back to the sender?
> Any advice?  Thanks In advance:

This is because sendmail isn't seeing itself as responsible for the
domain or host in question. Most likely because of missing or
incorrect entries in the /etc/sendmail.cw which should contain the
names of the host and/or domain that it considers local. One per line.

You can check the contents of the 'w' class which should contain the
host/domains which are local by running sendmail in address test mode
as follows:

     # /usr/lib/sendmail -bt
     > $=w

And you can continue by testing one of your addresses like:

     # /usr/lib/sendmail -bt
     > 3,0 user@some.domain.com

Which should resolve to the local mailer (local as in delivered locally)
An example would be:

     > 3,0 ksm@dogbrain.com
     rewrite: ruleset   3   input: ksm @ dogbrain . com
     rewrite: ruleset  96   input: ksm < @ dogbrain . com >
     rewrite: ruleset  96 returns: ksm < @ dogbrain . com . >
     rewrite: ruleset   3 returns: ksm < @ dogbrain . com . >
     rewrite: ruleset   0   input: ksm < @ dogbrain . com . >
     rewrite: ruleset 199   input: ksm < @ dogbrain . com . >
     rewrite: ruleset 199 returns: ksm < @ dogbrain . com . >
     rewrite: ruleset  98   input: ksm < @ dogbrain . com . >
     rewrite: ruleset  98 returns: ksm < @ dogbrain . com . >
     rewrite: ruleset 198   input: ksm < @ dogbrain . com . >
     rewrite: ruleset 198 returns: $# local $: ksm
     rewrite: ruleset   0 returns: $# local $: ksm

Regards

					- Karl