Re: [TCLUG:10969] GNOME configuration questions/musings

> > Linux really needs video drivers integrated into the kernel.
>
> Not sure I agree; video drivers in the kernel didn't help out NT's
> stability much...

Doesn't matter. Its the same code if its in the kernel or not. One
serious problem with the current arrangement is the fact that the entire
X server has to run root. This is a known security risk. The device
dependent stuff should be in the kernel, and the X server should be able
to run on top of this, as an *unprivileged user*.

But the heart of it, is hardware should only be touched by the kernel.
Thats its job.