Re: [TCLUG:11279] Hit The Routes!!!

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Brian Ackermann wrote:

> nate,
>
> exactly, I don't want the multiple routes...I just did:
>
> route del -net 205.218.57.16 netmask 255.255.255.240 eth0
>
> which removed the duplicate.  I still don't know how its getting there, but I
> think I've got the route table I want now, but of course, I've got to arrive at
> a point where it comes up right without my intervention, and I can't yet figure
> out where all the other garbage is coming from...
>
> I have not tried downing thema ll and configuring them manually.  Your
> suggestion implies that I would gain something by doing so, but I'm not sure
> what..Please explain (for my benefit).
>
> Brian
>
> PS Thanks for responding, I was beginning to feel lonely....!

If something isn't working the "automatic" way, I usually go through and
clean it out and try doing it myself to make sure that it works properly
the way I want it, and then work with the automatic way until it does it
properly. Just my personal troubleshooting process.. *shrug*

---
nate carlson
the infinite loop
natecars@infiniteloop.com