Re: [TCLUG:11361] Caution: wide load

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Dave Erickson wrote:

> Does /dev/dsp exist? Try "cd /dev", "./MAKEDEV audio" then set your
> permissions.

Well, it must have, because when I made a kernel with sound compiled in
(had to make other sacrifices), I could play tunes just fine.

But, I tried what you suggested -- thanks -- and got the same errors from
mpg123(1). :(

Do I need to give special options to 'insmod', or something?

Is the kernel supposed to be so big? Is that a new 2.2 thing?

--
  Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerfireworks.com/