Re: [TCLUG:11321] Ftp mirror access?

Quoting Dave Erickson (gsa700@mediaone.net):
> > Anyone confirm that things are working ok?
> >
> > ftp://ftp.real-time.com/pub/redhat
>
> "Sites which establish excessive connections to over commit bandwidth
> are added to a list of sites which are only allowed one simultaneous
> login between them.
> If you receive this message while attempting to FTP to ftp.real-time.com
> and you feel that your site has been added to the abusers list in error,
> contact ftpadmin@real-time.com
> login incorrect"

Yeah, sorry about that, but some smart guy decided he'd like to test his cable
modem and open over 50 ftp connection to us and started to leech the entire
redhat mirror.

I contacted the individual asking why he needed to open up 50 ftp connections
and he more or less said the mirror is open to the public, so I can do
whatever I want.

So, I banned all of mediaone from the ftp server. I'll open it again. And see
if the pest comes back.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700