Re: [TCLUG:11433] xmas gifts

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Eric M. Hopper wrote:

> family.  It's also the reason I won't buy cable modem service.

Except for the fact that mediaone uses solaris for its servers.  Has an
email redundency system that scares me (using some form of the netscape
enterprise email stuff), and uses non-microsoft stuff in many parts of its
business.

Yes, solaris usage does not mean they kick ass by any means, but they are
in the right direction of being good.

Their "content" is also mostly viewable by linux.  well. there is
sometimes some qt4 video and ipix crap. but you didn't care anyhow.

---
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
      destiny's admin       | The first thing we do,
 http://www.ringworld.org   |  let's kill all the lawyers.
finger me for gnupg/pgp key |   -- Wm. Shakespere, "Henry VI"