Re: [TCLUG:11476] auth in /etc/inetd.conf

it allows a unix host to ask your system who is connecting from the port
they are trying to connect to.. basically, in the older days of unix, it
was used as a security tool, so that you would know what username someone
was trying to telnet, ftp, etc to your box.. now all i use it for is to
make sure my name shows up right in IRC.. :)

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)