Re: [TCLUG:11551] Hardware Question

^chewie said:
> Are you using Linux boxen for these voicemail servers?

*sigh*  No.

Well, not currently.

I signed on with the company about a month and a half ago after establishing
that they're planning on moving to Linux (or some *nix) as soon as the
existing NT codebase is cleaned up, which was anticipated to be sometime this
spring, if not sooner.  (It's now looking like 'sooner', but at the price of
turning a lot more of the code from independent programs into Apache modules
than I think is appropriate.  It'll work, but the overall system's
flexibility will be reduced.  Considering that we're trying to move from
selling services to selling software to service providers, flexibility is
likely to be a Very Good Thing...)

It was also established that if the move to Linux doesn't happen, I'm
quitting, and they're OK with that.

--
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+ !K
w---$ O M- !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv- b++ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+